Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Earth Day is Everyday!

I'm so excited to be a part of a special 
Earth Day Blog Hop with my #kinderfriends !  
We have lots a great ideas for you and 
your class for Earth Day!!


I LoVe Earth Day!  It’s a great day to celebrate our earth and discover new ways to take care of our earth.  I take great responsibility teaching my students and fellow teachers creative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle everyday in school and at home.

On a daily basis our class recycles our plastic and paper.  We have a bin for paper/cardboard and one for plastic.  This is an easy task that everyone can participate in.   I also encourage my fellow teachers at lunch to use the recycle bins that are provided in our teacher's lounge.  It’s working and I have more and more participation!  But it doesn't stop there.  I of course also collect and melt broken crayons to make new ones, use baby wipe boxes for storage, use bottle caps and dried out marker caps in our counting jars and much, much more but my favorite thing is to repurpose.  


    












 I hope I have inspired you to not only 

reducereuse and recycle but to repurpose too!

Happy Earth Day!

To help you celebrate check out this new freebie for Earth Day!


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Recycle-ABC-2501047

Then hop on over to my friends blog and see what great idea 
Cara at Kindergarten Boom Boom 
has for you!!





5 comments:

  1. Love each and every one of these ideas! My favorite is the make your own watercolors. Way better than store bought. Thanks for sharing the ideas and the ABC order freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the privacy screens - they look so sturdy, and are a much better use of resources than making new (and not so sturdy) ones out of cardboard! Great ideas, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many great ideas! I am inspired to do more in my classroom too. Thanks for the great freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Love! Love! I had no clue you could do that with markers to make homemade watercolors. Genius! Thanks for all the great ideas and freebie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, your repurposing ideas ALWAYS amaze me! Thanks for sharing and influencing so many others to do the same!

    ReplyDelete